Although the world of luxury automobiles has been welcoming exceptional cars for many years, the new Porsche 911 Speedster is undoubtedly one of the classiest and most wonderful sports cars that anyone can own in the coming years.
This exceptional Speedster has everything you need while you are behind the wheels.
Check out the following details of the car:
Production of the 911 Speedster
- The 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster was first announced in 2018. The first set of this amazing Speedster has been scheduled for delivery to customers within the first six months of 2019.
- The design of the 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster will look like the Porsches from the past decades, especially those from the 1980s.
- In June 2018, the detail of this sports car was confirmed by Porsche at the Paris Motor Show.
- This luxury car is a part of the celebration of the 70th anniversary of Porsche as an automobile manufacturing company.
- Its prototype was developed at Zuffenhausen, Stuttgart. It was developed as a form of collaboration among Porsche Motorsport, Porsche Exclusive, and Style Porsche.
- The 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster will be the first car out of the new Heritage Design Packages from Porsche. The Heritage Design Packages offer clients the privilege of selecting a few customization options for their luxury cars. The customization options available for the 911 Speedster include paints and upholstery.
- The new Porsche 911 Speedster will be a limited edition as only 1948 units will be produced. In other words, only 1948 lucky and rich customers will be able to own this new car.
- The number of units (1948) that will be produced has significance in the history of Porsche because the automobile company got a license to start the productions of automobiles in 1948.
- Currently, the prototypes of the new Porsche 911 Speedster are undergoing testing in Stuttgart before the full production starts.
Major Features of the 911 Speedster
If you are considering getting the new Porsche 911 Speedster, here are a few of its amazing features you should take note of:
- The body of the new 911 Speedster is based on the design of the Carrera 4 Cabriolet. However, lightweight carbon-fiber composite materials are used for manufacturing the rear cover, wings and front bonnet of this new Speedster.
- It comes with a shorter window frame that has an inclined windscreen as well as shortened side windows. With these features, the 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster has a profile that looks like the profiles of many of its predecessors from the Porsche lines of automobiles.
- Its hoods and fenders are made of carbon fiber.
- The new Porsche 911 Speed has an improved aerodynamic touch that is provided by the two contrasting black slats that are found between its humps.
- The 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster is a GT3-based convertible sports car. Notably, it does not have a full convertible top.
- This luxury sports car will be finished with eye-catching black chrome and platinum.
- It has a unique carbon-fiber rear cover that is connected at the back of the front seats. Resultantly, the roll-over protection structure of the car is covered just like what is obtained in most of the predecessors of this luxury car.
- A logo that depicts the 70th anniversary of Porsche is engraved on a transparent Plexiglas wind deflector. The engraved logo gives this luxury car a more appealing look than most of its predecessors.
- Its exterior mirrors are beautifully shaped like a Talbot.
- The headlight covers come with transparent and opaque surfaces. Based on the design of the surfaces, the covers ensure that a cross-like effect is produced.
- Gold-plated Speedster lettering is used to adorn the rear and wide B-pillars of the car.
- The interior of the car is decorated with classic perforated black leather that is subtly highlighted with red.
- Special Tenax buttons are used to fit the lightweight Tonneau covers of this luxury car into place.
- Like its other lightweight predecessors, the interior of this speedster does not have any radio, navigation and air conditioning systems. As a result of the lack of these items, the new Porsche 911 Speedster has a stripped-out interior. However, it is expected that customers will be offered the option of demanding modifications of these features based on their preferences.
The engine of the 911 Speedster
- The 0-liter flat-six engine of the 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster is based on the GT3 chassis.
- With its 500 hp engine, this sports car is a beast on the road that can hardly be compared to any other automobiles. This engine allows the car to be capable of reaching a speed of as much as 9,000 rpm.
- In just over 3 seconds, this luxury car can move from 0 to 60 mph. It has a top speed of about 197 mph. This incredible speed makes the new Porsche 911 Speedster one of the highest speeding cars that anyone can get today.
- It has a six-speed manual gearbox, 21-inch center lock wheels, and titanium tailpipes.
Consumption Data of the 911 Speedster
- The fuel consumption of the new Porsche 911 Speedster combines consumption data of the 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet and 911 GT3.
- The fuel consumption of 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet is about 8.9 – 7.9 l/100 km with impressive CO2 emissions of 206 – 182 g/km while that of 911 GT3 is fuel consumption of about 12.9 – 12.7 l/100 km with CO2 emissions of 290 – 288 g/km.
Price of the 911 Speedster
- Porsche has not confirmed the price of the new Porsche 911 Speedster. Nevertheless, it is expected to cost about a quarter of a million dollar. With the price tag, only a few privileged individuals can afford this amazing Speedster.
Want to buy your dream car but don’t know how to fund it? Car Loans Of America is here to help.
As the production of the new Porsche 911 Speedster continues, more information will be provided by Porsche so that customers can learn more about this astounding sports car.